Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Custom Bag for a Friend

A couple of weeks ago I had a stall at the Wallsend Community Markets - a bit of a waste of time actually. Due to the weather the night before most of the store holders did not show. Also during the day it was windy and horrible. The lovely coffee people next to us kept us company and even gave us warm water to to warm our hands. And not to forget the great people of Wallsend/Maryland Rotary kept us fed.

Needless to say, Little Ditty Designs did not make any sales on that fateful Saturday. It was a good exercise in setting up. (And constantly picking up my precious items from the footpath as they were blown off my table)

My lovely neighbour who shared a stall will me took pity on this poor girl in the cold and weather having her first attempt at a market stall. She admired a bag that I had on display but there were a few aspects that did not suit her. I gladly offered to make her one to order. And here it is .......

The basic bag is based on this pattern that I purchased from Keyka Lou - The Bucket Bag.
J chose from the fabrics from my stash - Lantern Bloom by Laura Gunn
I love it and I think J does too.

The finished product

A secure pocket for the mobile phone
A ring to attach your keys

An internal pocket

Don't forget the label
 I couldn't help myself and made another for myself but with different fabrics. I'll save the pics for another post. I hope to have some available in my shop soon......

1 comment:

  1. ahh this is lovely, I do love the pattern as well as the fabrics you've chosen. For making a cute small carry bag, that we all need in our wardrobe, it is most important to have the fabrics be great colors and good size prints. Come on over and visit me Ive just become a fan on FB. carylanne

    ReplyDelete