Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Book Wish List



I have finaly discovered sewing books - so much more fun than a paper pattern. The beautiful illustrations keep me entertained for hours with my cups of tea. And when the sewing mojo hits I have plenty of inspiration to draw from.

Here is one that is only my list to buy in the future.

Sew What You Love: the easiest, prettiest, projects ever by Tanya Whelan

Here is a little blurb on this fun book -


Sew What You Love includes 30 projects plus a few extra super fast and easy little projects.
It features projects for Little Ones including toys, skirts, tops and bedding. Projects like the Soft
Fabric Shade, Apple Pie Ottoman, and Design as You Go Quilt from the Home section are both
stylish and useful. The Personal Style section provides patterns and instructions for easy
to make, versatile and stylish dresses, skirts, tops and more. And the Bags section includes
a variety of stylish options for two totes, a hobo, a clutch, and a structured little bag with old
fashioned appeal. Three large pattern sheets are tucked into an envelope at the back of
the book. The book includes simple techniques for sewing with knits, using elastic thread, and
bag construction.


Individual patterns and fabrics are also available on her website

I have used a few of Tanya Whelan's fabrics in the past - I have really loved their timeless design and colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment